10.24.2011

20 weeks

Baby weighs about 10.2 ounces and measures about 6.5 inches. She's still got a lot of growing to do though. Can you believe you're halfway done?
  • She's got working taste buds.
  • Now, she's gulping down several ounces of amniotic fluid each day -- that's significantly more than before.

Saw the endocrinologist last week. Thankfully the more comprehensive blood work that they ordered showed that my thyroid levels were right where they wanted them to be. So now I'll need to see them every 8 weeks during my pregnancy and then again about 8 weeks postpartum. That brings my total Dr. count up to 3 for this pregnancy. It's a bit crazy juggling all these appointments along with everything else we have going on.

I see Dr. White again this week for a quick ultrasound to check my cervix and make sure it has not shortened at all in the last 2 weeks. I think that if it still looks good I won't have to go back to her for another 4 weeks. It'll be nice to see a little peek of the the babies again too.

How far along? 20 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 0 gain-- at pre-pregnancy weight

Maternity clothes? Pretty much all maternity. I can still wear my regular jeans though. Regular shirts are way too short.
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Starting to get uncomfortable during the night if I am in one position too long.
Movement: Definitely. Baby A has been dancing on my bladder all week. I don't feel Baby B as often yet.
Food cravings: Pumpkin ice cream
Gender: We know but are waiting until my sprinkle to reveal.
Labor Signs: Nope
What I miss: Being able to eat without getting horrific heartburn every time.
What I am looking forward to: Starting to work on the nursery soon.
Milestones: Making it this far with no complications.

No comments: