10.13.2011

18 week anatomy scan

Josh and I went in to see Dr. White today for our 18 week anatomy scan. Everything looked great, though it took a LONG time to get all the pictures and measurements they needed for two babies. I think I was on the table for about an hour and forty five minutes! She was able to very distinctly tell the genders of the babies and we are excited but will be keeping that info to ourselves for a little while longer. :)

Something else that they put a lot of emphasis on in twin pregnancies is cervical length. They check it every few weeks just to make sure that it is not shortening too quickly, which can be a sign on impending preterm labor. Thankfully mine was "excellent" today she said, at about 5cm. I was really glad to hear that, as the only thing they can do once it starts to shorten is put you on bedrest. That would not be good, so let's hope it stays long! I go back in 2 weeks for another check.


Baby A's heart rate was 152 bpm today and Baby B's was 149 bpm. Baby A was kicking Baby B in the head while we were there, I am sure it is only a small preview of the years to come!

Here are a few pictures of our little ones:

No comments: