9.06.2011

Thirteen Weeks

We just got back from an awesome long weekend in the 1000 islands where we go to enjoy a little child-free time with some good friends. Ella stayed home with the grandparents and had a wonderful time of course.

I had a sonogram appointment on Friday morning before we left and it was so nice to see the babies again. My last sono was at 8 weeks, so it had been awhile. The office happened to be on my mom's way to work, so she got to stop in and see them too. It was hard to believe how big the babies have gotten and it was so cool to see them dancing and wiggling around in there. Baby A was a little uncooperative and was hiding behind my belly button, but she was still able to get a few pictures. Both babies' heart rates were 156 bpm, which I thought was odd as they are usually different. Baby B was a little bigger, measuring about 5 days ahead of Baby A. Baby A was measuring right on track.  I see the Dr. again next week and I go back for our anatomy scan sono on 10/13. Then hopefully we'll know for sure the sexes of the babies. 

Here are a few pictures from the sono:
Baby A's profile, a little blurry

Baby A again, with hand to face, once again blurry

Baby B with hand to face, much more clear

Baby B profile

Baby B's looong legs

How far along? 13 weeks, 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: Down 4 lbs. 

Maternity clothes? My shirts are getting too short, so I think I will be breaking out the maternity stuff this week.
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Pretty good, though allergies have been kicking my butt and I am very congested.
Movement: Not yet, but they were going crazy in there on the sono so I am thinking it won't be long.
Food cravings: Pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks. My wallet is glad that the one in Lockport is closed.
Gender: Don't know yet-- anatomy scan is scheduled for 10/13.
Labor Signs: Nope
What I miss: Allergy meds, my little SUV
What I am looking forward to: All of the fun fall activities we have planned
Milestones: Got my new car, bought paint for Ella's room, found a great double stroller for a great price! 3 big things crossed off my to-do list.

No comments: