8.05.2011

8 Weeks

I vowed that I would not get behind on entries, yet I managed to fall behind already! I had my 8 week appointment with the Dr. right after we got home from vacation (8/1/11). Everything once again looked perfect. Baby A was measuring right on 8 weeks with a heart rate of 167 and Baby B was measuring slightly bigger at 8 weeks 1 day with a heart rate of 158.

My next visit will be 8/16/11 and I will be meeting one of the 2 doctors that will deliver the twins. We were highly encouraged to deliver at a hospital with a NICU since there is always a possibility that the twins will need to spend time there (though we hope not). If I were to deliver at Lockport again and the twins needed extra care they would be taken to Sisters or Childrens Hospital and I would be stuck without them until I was released. My Dr. recommended that we deliver at Sisters Hospital and so I will be under the care of Drs. Asman and Somadi at Buffalo Medical Group, who also came highly recommended.  Another bonus is that Dr. Asman is a Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist (MFM), and often moms of multiples are sent to see an MFM during their pregnancy. I figure I'll have all my bases covered if my regular OB is already an MFM. :)

I have been feeling pretty good, despite extreme fatigue. I've found that if I don't eat regular, fairly significant meals (whether I'm hungry or not), I end up feeling horrible for the rest of the day.

We got some new pictures of Buttercup and Henry at the appointment but I have not had a chance to scan them yet. Will be adding them ASAP. 




No comments: