6.26.2008

Welcome to the world, Ella Elizabeth Fiegl












We are proud to announce that Ella finally decided to join us on 6/25/08 at 9pm, 26 hours after they started the induction! We went to the hospital on Tuesday 6/24 after dinner to begin the induction. They gave me Cervadil in hopes to bring on more dilation. Unfortunately, it brought on such strong contractions that they had to stop it because I was having contractions one on top of another with no break. They then left me overnight to contract on my own and started the Pitocin Wednesday morning. The Pitocin definitely brought on contractions, and I labored all day with not too much pain. At 3pm, Dr. Jammal came in and said that the baby had finally moved down enough to break my water. From then on, everything was much different. The Pitocin contractions were very strong and less than two minutes apart and I was 5cm dilated. They gave me some pain meds at 6cm and then at 7cm I was in so much pain I asked for the epidural. Unfortunately it was a little too late and it did not take the pain away. The nurse, Josh, and my mom were awesome and helped me get through the rest of the labor. Josh had been so nervous my entire pregnancy about the delivery but he was amazing and never left my side. By 8:30 they said I'd be able to push soon, and at that point I thought there was no way I could labor any longer. I started pushing at 8:43 and she was born at exactly 9:00pm! She was 8lbs, 5oz and 22 inches long. She scored 8 and 9 on her APGARs. She has been such a great baby and everyone loves her! She has her daddy wrapped right around her little finger! We are adjusting to life at home very well and have had lots of help and support from our family and friends, which has been greatly appreciated. Can't wait to see what wonderful things these next months bring us!

No comments: